New to the world of smoking legal substances and things related to it?
Well, you may as well begin by understanding where to buy smoking items and instruments legally. Headshops are the answer.
A headshop is a shop that specializes in selling cannabis, marijuana, and other related items. It’s a one-stop-shop for buying all your smoking needs.
In the following piece of writing, we will first delve a little bit into the history of headshops, followed by what different things they sell, and finally talk about the amazing quality of American-made glass.
The American youth popularized these in the 1960s. The first shop to open was in San Francisco by the name Psychedelic Shop. Since then, several of these have been established. Eventually, several of these found themselves in legal turmoil, and some states decided to ban them.
Headshops operate legally in Ireland with some regulations regarding the sale of products. But in the United States of America, these are legal if they sell products that are considered legal. Shops need to hang warning signs outside specifying that they are selling legal products and no illegal items are sold.
What do Headshops Sell?
Before we educate you on the stuff sold by these shops, let’s first understand the difference between headshops and smokeshops.
Both these kinds of shops, originally started, by selling different things. A smokeshop used to sell tobacco and items related to it. On the other hand, a headshop is used to sell marijuana and its products. However, due to the increase in the popularity of marijuana, especially in the United States, both these shops merged. Eventually, both the terms are used interchangeably now.
Like I said before, it is a shop that sells legal smoking substances and everything related. Therefore, one can stop by and have a look at the following items sold by them-
- Glass pipes– can perform multiple functions. These are small and convenient to use. You need not necessarily spend time rolling a joint for yourself. If you are in a hurry or prefer quick puffs, then glass pipes are your device. Once you start using these and enjoy smooth puffs, you rarely want to go back to rolling weed.
- Vaporizers– or vapes are sold by smoke shops along with their paraphernalia like coils, batteries, etc. Dry herb vapes are used when one wants to smoke ground substances like tobacco leaves. E-cigs happens to be a popular kind of vape. These use liquid nicotine. Both these types of vapes are sold in the stores.
- Bongs– shopping for these isn’t that easy. There are tons of nuances to take care of. A lot must be understood in terms of their function and cleaning. So, when you visit a brick-and-mortar store, ensure to take the help of an expert before you shell out money.
- Dab rigs– are gaining popularity among the stoner community. Their ability to let the user enjoy maximum flavor out of the concentrate has made these a popular smoking device. The smoke shops sell tons of varieties of dab rigs and their accessories like dabbing tools, nails, etc.
- Bubblers– are miniature bongs. These are portable and provide the freedom to enjoy a smooth puff on the go. These shops usually keep a variety of bubblers in several colors and shapes.
- Hookahs- usually made of glass, this centuries-old smoking device is a popular item on the shelves of these shops.
- Zongs– essentially a bong with a zigzag pipe- is a popular item on the shelves. Available in several unique designs, these make for a great collectible.
- Hand Pipes– perfect for novice smokers; these provide less powerful puffs. Due to its portability, you can enjoy your tobacco on the go. These shops stock a decent variety of hand pipes.
- One-Hitter Pipes– perfect for those who want to limit their smoke intake, these are portable and can be concealed.
- Chillums– are perfect for casual smokers. This is a simple design. Easy to use and clean.
- Steamroller– works like a bong minus the water. Perfect for those who like to smoke on the go, these can be used hassle-free.
- Grinders– help you grind your herb so that you can enjoy their flavor more. When purchasing one from a store, you can ask a million questions about them and learn their mechanism easily.
- Rolling papers– several brands of rolling papers are sold in these shops. In addition, you can get some filter tips as well. Most shops buy directly from the brand manufacturer. Hence, they have a regular supply. You may rarely leave the store empty-handed.
- Rolling trays– are a vital tool To keep your surroundings clean. Suppose you prefer to roll your joint. This item helps you fill and roll your joint on a flat surface.
- Bong Stem – if you are looking to replace your stem for your bong and need a new downstem to replace a broken one or maybe to upgrade.
- Ashtrays– smoke shops sell a plethora of ashtrays. You can satisfy yourself by checking these out physically before buying. What’s more? These can be customized and personalized to suit your need.
- Blunt wraps– are easily available on the shelves of these stores. The shop generally stocks all the popular and possible brands. Therefore, you have several choices under one roof. At times, nicotine-free brands are available too.
- Smoking accessories– bongs, dab rigs, water pipes are those kinds of devices that can be accessorized and upgraded. These shops do keep a variety of smoking paraphernalia like bowls, stash gear, downstems, etc.
- Stash Gear– like joint holder case, pre-roll case, stash box, stash jars, etc., help you keep your herbs and tools safely. These are placed on the shelves in lots of different materials, prices, sizes, and styles. Plus, these make for a great present.
- CBD products– in addition to smoking devices, one can find CBD products in oil, gummies, capsules, creams, moisturizers, etc. are displayed on the shelves of these shops.
In addition to selling cannabis and tobacco paraphernalia, these shops sell things popularized by the counterculture like music, magazines, art, home decor, and clothing. They also sell recreational drugs, legal party powders, New Age herbs, and legal highs. Plus, things like cigarettes, lighters, legal drugs, incense, rolling machines are also sold. In fact, several Irish smoke shops sell scales or balances, bath salts, herbal incense, pills, etc. Most of the above-mentioned products can be found on online head shops as well.
American Made Glass
Pipes or bongs or dab rigs are made of glass, ceramic, silicone, metal, wood, bamboo, acrylic, etc. However, pipes made with glass are considered the best when it comes to consuming tobacco, marijuana, or concentrates. Over the years, American-made glass has come to be of high quality.
Pipes manufactured in America are an awesome alternative to cheap ones manufactured elsewhere, mainly abroad. Pipes or bongs made with American glass are of high precision. The artists pay special attention to detailing and inspecting for any defects. Since the machinery and tools used to make pipes are high quality, American artists can manufacture as high as 18-inch pipes. Most of the pieces are handmade by glassblowing artists. As these are manufactured by professionals, they are durable, intricate, innovative, and reliable to use.
The artists tend to experiment with the glass and develop unique designs such as color-changing glass. The pipe changes its color with continuous use. Such great artistry is seen with American-made glass that can withstand high temperatures too.
If one is looking to invest in a long-lasting pipe or bong, then the one made with American glass is best suited.
When you visit a head shop, you can practically buy all the items you need for smoking purposes under one roof, right from rolling joints to bongs to dab rigs and accessories like a grinder, stash gears, and CBD products. Online head shops are another destination if you are keen on researching before visiting a physical store.