Aesthetic appeal is not often a result of intricate designs or vibrant colours, but sometimes, simplicity is the key to a perfect visual style. Sliding doors offer that simplistic design, and they are a great improvement for many Australian homes looking for sleek and minimalist interior decor. Moreover, newer designs like double glazed sliding doors offer a plethora of benefits for the home.
In a country where modern housing developments don’t fare well against the scorching heat, Australian residents should be thinking about alternatives to alleviate them. Sliding doors can be one of those ways as they don’t require a huge installation cost and are way more versatile than other traditional door designs.
Benefits Of Installing Sliding Doors
- Energy Efficient: Most sliding doors, like the double glazed sliding doors, have a layer of air between the two glass panes. Air being an insulator ensures that the room or the house stays warm during the chilling winters and cool during the hot summer months. The layer of thermal insulation helps keep the temperature fluctuations to a minimum, saving the owners from a ton of electricity bills on fans and air conditioners. Homeowners can also add another layer to protect the interior of the home from the harmful UV radiation of the sun.
- Easy Flow Of Traffic: Traditional doors either open inwards or outwards, not only wasting space by swinging through a curve but obstructing traffic flow through the house. Sliding doors prevent door related accidents such as accidentally hitting a person during opening or getting slammed shut by strong winds. Moreover, being bigger than regular doors, owners won’t find any difficulty moving things in and out of the house.
- Secure: Although sliding doors appear to be fragile and easy to break in, the reality is much farther than that. Once they are locked, prying them open might prove a bit difficult, especially when the rails are also interlocked with the doors. Unlike the regular doors, they can’t be removed with force, and the frame doesn’t provide enough space for anyone to gain entry with the help of tools. Homeowners can add a wide variety of safety features to further bolster their security.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Since sliding doors are mostly made from glass, the large transparent area allows a lot of natural sunlight into the home. It’s a huge win when it comes to lighting, as owners don’t have to switch them on until dusk rolls around. Plus, natural light enhances the interior decor of the house.
- Better Airflow: A large sliding door can be a better air inlet than the small windows and doors throughout the house. Acting as a superior ventilation boost, they can let in surges of air as and when required. Better circulation helps create the interior of the house fresh and toxic-free. It’ll also create a better environment for work and all the other chores.
- Get A Great View Of The Outside: Not only do sliding doors give a more spacious look for the house, but they also give the owner a better view of the outdoors. Depending on the placement of the sliding doors, they can either use them to monitor the surrounding area or a specific part of the house or install them to get a great view of the outdoors. Residents can make nature a part of the house by incorporating a big view or waking up to a view of the high rise buildings like in the case of Melbourne or Sydney.
Practical design and functionality make sliding doors a cheaper yet elegant addition for any Australian home.