Your office chair is the one thing you must have in your workplace. Bad posture can cause musculoskeletal problems. It is important that you have the right chair.
An office chair that follows your body’s movements, reduces strain injuries, and allows you to sit comfortably, regardless of how much time you spend sitting. Good office chairs are essential for both your well-being as well as your productivity. There is no universal chair that works well for everyone. Even in the same workplace, there are many different options. These are five important considerations when selecting an office chair.
1. How long do you spend sitting down?
It is important to determine how much time you spend in your chair each day. A better chair will be needed for you to sit comfortably for longer periods of time. We have divided the chair range into four recommended sitting time periods: 4, 8, 12, and 24 hours. This makes it easier to choose the right chair for you. This means that we offer everything, from simple chairs for those who don’t sit often to heavy-duty options that provide high levels of comfort while working long hours.
- 4 Hours: If your lifestyle is very active and you only need to sit at your desk for a short time, a simple and affordable chair might be a good choice.
- 8 hours This is the most popular type of office chair. An ergonomic chair with adjustable settings is essential if you spend a lot of time sitting down and work for an average amount of time.
- 12 Hours: Do long work hours require you to sit down for extended periods of time? You should consider a chair that can be used for at least 12 hours and has the ability to adjust to your body.
- 24 Hours: If the chair is used by someone around the clock (e.g. in call centres or control rooms), then it must meet very high standards of adjustment and comfort. Thisincludesour 24 hourcertifiedmodels.
2. Select the mechanism that allows you to move in the best way
It is important that the chair’s back and seat follow your natural movements. This will ensure you have a comfortable working position. The chair’s mechanism controls the relationship between the backrest and seat. A higher quality mechanism will allow for more adjustability and an ergonomic position.
- Permanent Contact Back: While the seat is fixed, the backrest follows your movements while the rest of the body moves.
- Lock tilt: Simple mechanism that ensures the back and seat remain at the same angle even while rocking. You can lock the position or leave it in rocking mode. Your bodyweightdeterminestheresistance.
- Synchro The back and seat interact in a 1:1 ratio. This means that the back moves one degree for every two degrees the back moves while rocking. You can lock the seat and back in fixed positions, and adjust the resistance according to your weight.
- Multisynchro: The seat and back are interconnected in a 1:1 ratio. However, you can also decouple the seat to allow for more flexibility and blood flow to the legs.
- Asynchro You can adjust the tilt of the backrest and seat independently. They can either be set in the most comfortable position, or they can follow your movements (free floating). This allows you to customize your seating position to your liking.
3. You should look for ergonomic features that allow you to adjust the seat to fit your body.
Your new chair should be able adjust to your height, weight, and body shape in order to provide the necessary support. You should search for a chair that offers multiple adjustment options to ensure maximum comfort.
- You can adjust the seat height to suit your needs.
- Adjustable height of the backrest: Your spine’s natural curve should be taken into account when setting the backrest.
- Seat depth/sliding: You can adjust the seat to fit your height. For better blood circulation, place your feet flat on a hard surface and support your back.
- Adjustable angle of the seat: To improve circulation, tilt the seat slightly forward so your hips are slightly higher then your knees and your feet rest on the ground.
4. There are many accessories and choices
Specific accessories and features can also influence your choice of chair. A mesh back, for example, is a popular option. For more basic models, armrests and headrests can be added as an option. However, theyarestandardonmoreexpensivechairs.
- High back or low back? It’s a personal preference. However, the rule of thumb is that your entire back should be supported. A higherbacksuitstallerpeople.
- Headrest To relieve neck pain and shoulders, the support should be at neck level. You can adjust the angle and height to give you the best support.
- Armrests Armrests: These armrests are designed to relieve your shoulders. They should be adjusted so that they are in the correct position for you. Your forearms will rest comfortably on either the desk or the armrests. Theyshouldbeadjustablehorizontally, vertically, andsideways.
- Breathable meshback: Mesh backs are not only beautiful, but also have a practical purpose. This mesh back is ideal if you are prone to getting hot at work.
- Lumbar pump To relieve back pain, you can inflate the support from the lower backrest to conform to the natural curve of your spine.
5. Material, colour and design
Once you’ve narrowed down the selection of chairs that best suit your needs, it’s time to choose the design of your chair. Both traditional and modern-looking chairs are available, don’t forget to add some barcelona chair cushions as well. Many models are available in a variety of colours. You have the option of choosing from fabric, faux leather, or genuine leather depending on your budget and preferences.
You decide what you want. No matter your age, you can be sure to find the right chair for you. We are happy to assist you if you have any questions.