Most retail marketing tactics include utilising the displays to announce offers, discounting the rates for regular customers, and much more. Did you know that these marketing tactics are not enough to elevate your brand and bring in more customers?
Retail brand marketing is the new booming marketing strategy that revamps your business. This technique ensures that you offer an overall pleasant shopping experience, not just a product that benefits.
This post will introduce you to the booming domain of retail marketing. Read on!
What Makes Retail Marketing a Booming Domain?
Several established brands opt for retail marketing to deploy more effective strategies to attract customers.
This means the retail sales process deals with customers already looking to buy products and services in their niche. So, retail marketing strategies entice this customer base to keep them engaged until they reach the end of the purchasing stage.
In this type of marketing, marketers and brands work collectively to build a strong relationship with the customers. They motivate the customer to decide by assessing their needs and helping them pick the right product (the brand’s product).
The customer’s decision is not just influenced by how better the product is compared to other brands. Instead, the brand’s overall shopping experience reinforces their decision.
Come to think of it, and you would have enjoyed shopping for a product because of the free trial, friendly staff, and discounted rate. Thus, it is not just the product but also the overall pleasant experience you had shopping at the store. This is precisely how retail marketing works!
Strategies In Retail Marketing Implemented for Brands
Marketers work with four key components of retail marketing, also known as the ‘4 Ps.’
A solid handle of these four aspects would help you execute your retail marketing strategies successfully. So, you must ensure that the four Ps form the base of any strategy you form. Take a look at some strategies to understand retail brand marketing thoroughly.
Utilise Your Store Assets
To start, you need not go for fancy tactics that require you to reinvest. What you can do instead is begin leveraging the existing assets. If you have already established your store, look around for resources. These may include:
- Merchandise and fixtures: Fascinate your customers with the available merchandise. Physical retail has become more about the experience and less about products, it presents ideas and inspiration in merchandise and fixtures. Even if they do not buy any product, the experience and fascination would surely bring them back.
- Window and Curbside: Keep tweaking your window displays! Make them customised according to the season or probably a new, famous Netflix series. Who doesn’t like themes? After all, your customers love references and would surely engage with your brand.
- Staff: Your employees could be your best marketers. Ensure that your employees are motivated and engage with the customers providing assistance and guidance. Conduct extensive interviews while hiring and provide ample training to align your brand vision effectively.
Fun Fact: A famous brand invested more in training employees (existing assets) and providing health benefits than an ingredient (investment) used at the store.
Be Where Your Customers Are
An effective marketing strategy is fruitless if you do not meet your customers where they are. Hence, the primary aspect of retail marketing is focusing on where your customers are and where they’re coming from.
Consider knowing the channels, tactics, and actions that encourage your customers to visit your store. Take a look at some medium that may attract your customers.
- Retail displays and in-store initiatives
- Digital Marketing
- Word of mouth
- Online listings
The Boon to Your Business: Social Media
Most retail stores do not augment the potential of social media for the business. A popular misconception amongst retail store owners is, “Social media is for online stores.”
As most of your target audience uses social media, attract them using some of the tactics given below.
- Create Facebook groups to disclose any sale, event, or an opening
- Run Facebook and Instagram ads
- Utilise Instagram features such as stories and reels to generate brand awareness
- Curate a Pinterest board to navigate your potential customer to what they may be interested in. While using Pinterest for your retail store, ensure that you do not pin your own things.
The most in-demand marketing technique entrepreneurs own retail stores favored is retail brand marketing. The main reason is that it encompasses several marketing techniques, such as social media marketing. In addition, this marketing technique focuses on producing a pleasant overall shopping experience which helps convert leads.
Are you a retail store owner? Discuss your marketing plans with a marketing agency to formulate your very own retail brand marketing!